My Step 1 Experience - Road to 246 By Muhammad Asif Bashir

Introduction





In this blog, we have successfully found  USMLE EXPERIENCE STEP 1 246. Our website is dedicated to collecting all the free resources that are available on the internet. We do not own any files personally on our website But, what we do is collect them which are scattered over in difficult nooks and corners of the websites. The major drawback is that we must check every other link posted in the past. It is you people who have to report to us if any links need to be fixed as they should be.

We are very proud to present you with a working download of the latest USMLE EXPERIENCE 246. This website contains free pdfs, videos, ebooks, and other stuff that are incredibly rare to find by yourself. On our website, we believe to provide quality products to everyone.

If you want to encourage us in what we are doing for medical students that are facing difficulties to get these premium contents because of their financial barriers. Consider Donating to us.


{getToc} $title={Table of contents}

USMLE EXPERIENCE 

USMLE STEP 1 EXPERIENCE

By Muhammad Asif Bashir

(Graduate Nishtar Medical College 2012)

                                                                                   Score: 246

 

Exam Date: 9th april 2014

Result Reported: 30th april 2014

Resources Utilized:
                                Notes:
Kaplan USMLE STEP 1, First Aid for Step 1

                                Video Lectures: Kaplan lectures for Step 1, Goljan lectures for pathology

Qbanks Utilized: Online USMLE WORLD STEP 1 (HIGHEST YIELD)
Online NBME Forms:
Form 12 (235), Form 15 (247)

I can’t be more grateful to ALMIGHTY ALLAH for giving me such honor, n blessing me such success…

I didn’t mention prep time because I did my first read with house job of 7 months n after that had to take breaks….. so time taken by me can’t be generalized……
secondly I had issues with permit issuance and it took some EXTRA time also… I will mention these problems and suggestions to avoid them at the end

First read:
I started house job in aug 2012…. Started studying with it…. Kaplan lecture notes subjectwise with videos…… bcz of HJ … it took me quiet long, but it really opened my mind,,,, built concepts mainly… no memorizing…. For pathology I listened to goljan audio lectures but read Kaplan pathology notes.

Second read:                     
From march to september 2013 with breaks… I just did Kaplan lecture notes subject wise… except patho, which I did system wise with FA organ systems….…. Starting to integrate some concepts n remembering also. Did questions from Kaplan qbook aftr completing pharma, physio, biochem…
Took nbme 3 offline…. Got (150/200)

Third Cycle:                       
Now it was UW time… left everything,
did UWorld timed subject wise… read Kaplan Lecture notes for each subject quickly then did all its questions.
took me 3 mnths to complete. Cumulative score at the end was 71%. This was the real prep.

NBME 12 (expanded feedback):
Then did FA complete in a week n 7th January I took nbme 12(expanded)…scored 235
identified weak areas from feedback

Fourth read:
Full of confidence set my goal at 250 (earlier was 240).
So went for another quick read of Kaplan for those subjects in which I was weak…. In 20 days I did physio, patho , biochem, pharma…took 1 month subscription of UW… planning exam 30 days after.
Kept doing UW timed random…… along with few hours daily for remaining subjects….. completing 4th read with 40 % UW in next 20 days…

NBME 15 (non expanded):
On 24th feb 2014, Took NBME 15 simulating it with exam…scored 247
Felt great and ready for exam… But I had no permit… L

Final read:
I knew my permit would take a month….So decided to repeat the same process again…
I tried to simulate my fourth read exactly…… by doing 1 block UW timed random daily…. And reading books rest of the day… completed Kaplan books & Uworld timed random by 25th march 2014 (cumulative 87%) ….. Then fixed exam date
In last 15 days just kept doing UW marked questions, incorrect, mixed…. N studied FA Only..                        I did USMLE Fred practice software 150 questions 2 days before exam… getting 92%...

Test Day: 9th april 2014.
Day before test, just relaxed… no study…. Slept early ….. so woke up early in the morning..
Did breakfast, reached centre early… relaxed there…. Got familiarized….
Fortunately I didn’t have any anxiety or any time issue….
took 10 min break after each block…. Did several blocks few minutes earlier..
kept eating small chunks of chocolate n sips of drinks in breaks to keep energy level higher but not to overwhelm my GI,,,
felt relieved after completing…… Thanked ALLAH n waited for result…..

MISTAKES & SUGGESTIONS:

  1. I did 1st read Read More....


DISCLAIMER: 

The given links are only for educational purposes and the author ddoest encourage any illegal activities. we are not responsible for the reliability of the link; neither do we own the proprietary of the link. 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Subscribe

Get email notifications

Contact Form