My Step 1 Experience - Road to 252 By Dr. Awwad Almahadi

Introduction



In this blog, we have successfully found the latest available resources on My Step 1 Experience 252. Our website is dedicated to collecting all the free resources that are available on the internet. We do not own any files personally on our website But, what we do is collect them which are scattered over in difficult nooks and corners of the websites. The major drawback is that we need to check every other link posted in the past ourselves. It is you people who have to report to us if any links are not working as they should be.

We are very proud to present you with a My Step 1 Experience 252. This website contains free pdfs, videos, ebooks, and other stuff that are incredibly rare to find by yourself. On our website, we believe to provide quality products to everyone.

If you want to encourage us in what we are doing for medical students that are facing difficulties to get these premium contents because of their financial barriers. Consider Donating to us.


{getToc} $title={Table of contents} 

About the Content

Hi sisters and brothers,

'THIS THING IS DOABLE', how about that as a beginning? Yeah, each and every one of you can beat the mean (which should represent the lowest circle of your bull's eye target).

THIS THIS IS DOABLE, I have been there. And just to realize how realistic it’s to target 250+, I’ll give you some background about myself.

***

My name is Awwad, I'm a Sudanese doctor who has graduated in 2010. Did my Housemanship in 2011-2012 and national service in 2012-2013, during which, I took the exam (6th August 2013).

I’m an average guy; average height, weight and IQ, who always ranks somewhere in the middle in every class I go to. And if I have one thing to be proud of, that would be the fact that I’m hard-worker. And when it comes to reading, I’m a real horse!

During my preparations, for some reasons, I was forced to work, as such, I didn’t have that much time to read. I mean, if you have someone to pay and buy things for you, that should be like BOOM!

***
Duration: 11 months (September 2012 to August 2013). For me, this duration was quite reasonable because, as I said, I was doing my national service somewhere in small village in western Sudan, better known as Darfur. The so-called government’s day starts at 9 am and ends at 2 pm. In the evening, I used to go to my private clinic, so, basically, I had to study during the noon (3 pm to 6 pm) and early morning (5 am to 8 am). This had gave me about 6 hours per day for my preparations. And if you add to that the fact that it was a village, with no electricity or internet connection except for some occasion and some governmental houses, and the fact that I had a bad time studying during my collage, those 11 months would be the expected duration.

***

Materials:

Kaplan lectures (video lectures):

I saw all of Kaplan’s videos, except pathology, in a way that I would explain latter in this text.

Pharm: Dr. Raymond is a BIGTIME. Loved this guy. He would be doing most of them pharm lectures (except the first and last chapters). He will lay the foundation for you to understand some ‘brain-eating’ concepts.

Bio: Kaplan have hired the right persons to do this, I guess. Dr. David Seastone and Dr. Sam Turco are big deal teachers. Without their help, Bio would be like some big pile of indigestible material. Dr. Raymond would be here too for a chapter or two. 

Micro and Immuno:

 Despite that fact that I liked Dr. Kim, but I think she is like a waste of time. But the thing is, while there are some other good sources for micro like MMRS, immuno. has got Dr. Kim and Dr. Kim only. First aid is definitely not enough. So, Dr. Kim is a must, especially when it comes to immunology. She is not as boring as some might say, it’s the nature of the subject that makes her looks that way, go easy on her guys!

Physiology:

Those chapters done by Doctor Fischer were a waste of time. If I were you, god forbids, I would start physio lectures with Dr. Wazir. He is quite onto it and up to it.

Pathology:

Pathoma, Pathoma, Pathoma! If you want pathology presented to you in some golden plates, sliced, organized and spiced, follow this guy, he will supply your needs! Goljan is funny, have some good points to give, but he is like an adjuvant to pathoma not a substitute, if I to say. I watched the whole course of pathoma once ( with writing, as I would explain latter ) and listen to Goljan twice and read his 160+ page notes.

Histo, Embryo and Gross anatomy:

I saw Kaplan on these, which is turned out to be a mistake. FA is enough. Quite enough.

Neuro:

Kaplan did a hell of a good job in this one. I have listen to the doctor there carefully, twice. No another source is enough for neuroanatomy. Kaplan is a must.

Behavioral:

Definitely Kaplan. Dr. Steven is smart, lovely and knows how to do it. Must see. I saw him twice!

Genetics:

This one is troublesome to me. I didn’t find any source that touch it all. Never the less, Kaplan had helped me a lot.

Passprogram: “find the concept or clue, click and move!” Really?

This is a nice course in the sense that it integrates step one with step 2 CK, but it gives more account to step 1. I watched the whole thing except those chapter designated frankly for step 2 CK like pediatrics and stuff.  Biochemistry chapter is highly recommended, for, only in this course I have found big talks about stuffs like: malate-aspartate shuttle, G3P shuttle and some other minors, yet very important, talks. If I were you, I will see all of these lectures presented by Dr. Francis, at least, because he is so funny!

Youtube:

Youtubes helped me understand some apparently difficult concepts like: cardiac function curves, aortic arches, Lac operon, Hardy-Weinberg equation and so many else. Consult youtube whenever you feel the need. Its yourtube!

The World Wide Web, including the amazing group of EAMTAR, various USMLE forums and, rarely, Wikipedia.

***

Now, for me, the following was important, because I’m sort of a visual person, meaning, it makes a big difference for me when I write lectures down. But, since it’s so difficult to rewrite Kaplan’s note, I have managed to play the same video I’m watching on my PC on my iPad. Then, when a new slide comes, I take a snapshot and import the image to an app known as Noteshelf and then add my annotations. See the following pictures:



 


My annotations in one slide in a pharm lecture

***

Qbanks:

I did UWold online, Read more...


DISCLAIMER: 

The given links are only for educational purposes and the author does not encourage any illegal activities. we are not responsible for the reliability of the link; neither do we own the proprietary of the link. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Subscribe

Get email notifications

Contact Form